Saturday, November 3, 2012

Paring down the FB

In the last couple of weeks I've gotten rid of over 100 FB friends, tons from HS. It's not that I don't like my classmates, I just quit caring anymore, I think. After 15 years of not being a student at Spanish Fork HS, and probably almost as many years of not seeing some of them, meh. I realized that in both the short run and long run, mostly (most of the) FB "friendships" don't really matter. I like FB, but I like the idea of paring down its scope in my life.

I've been all about trimming things down lately, getting rid of things I don't need. It's about being unencumbered by stuff that I've surrounded myself with.
I guess I'm just searching now for a simpler essence. Maybe the path of least resistance, too?
Whatever the root of this all is, I'm enjoying feeling lighter.

6 comments:

The Waldram Family said...

Yeah! We are still facebook friends! I need to go through and edit!

Lauren

Unknown said...

Me too! Wahoo! I'm trying to get down to my essence too...trying to figure out what stays and what goes. It is a mighty process.

Vanessa Swenson said...

So...Arrested Development while folding laundry ;)

just a little bit mo said...

I've been feeling the similarly. My cousin Amelia has it down to an art.

Marie said...

Sounds like a great idea to me!

M said...

I'm all about minimalism. Ben makes fun of me because I routinely work through clothes/papers/toys....all that stuff, to get rid of it. It makes life MUCH simpler, much less baggage-filled.

Good for you for finding your balance!