Saturday, October 20, 2012

The words escaped before I reined them in

Before I could stop myself tonight, I let a phrase slip while I was talking on the phone, "I'm finally starting to treat myself like I treat others."

It was one of those weird moments where you say something that you know is true before you can stop yourself and doubt all over it. So now I'm stuck with the truth.





Also, initiatories at the temple are by FAAAARRRRRR my favorite part. It's especially great when you get to go with a friend that's going back to do them for the first time as proxy. It was pretty much the best.


5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Ditto on initiatory. Also, maybe the counsel to love our neighbor as ourself is a two-way admonition.

M said...

Imitiatories are the only part of the temple that doesn't leave me gnashing my rebellious teeth these days. I'm glad (for my sake) that they exist.

just a little bit mo said...

What a revelation! I truly believe that it is a two-way admonition, like Kimberley said.

rantipoler said...

I also concur, but you know that already.

Vanessa Swenson said...

I like the two-way admonition idea a lot. This is why I post, b/c the comments are golden.

tb, sei q cê concorda, já q concordou na hora ;)