Monday, March 30, 2009

The continuing saga of my presidency

So we all know what my first move as president would be. (By the way, I'm constitutionally eligible in 2 elections.)
If we believe the dream that I had last night, we now will know my strategy for fighting terrorism:

Somehow I end up playing in the softball game. Someone tried to convince me to use another mitt. And I was like, uh-uh, either I play with my mitt, or I won't play well. (Come to think of it, I wonder if there's a hidden mitt message political joke that my mind was playing with.)

Why play softball? Well, this particular terrorist cell is willing to not get all terroristy if my side wins the game. If ever I've had an incentive to play hard and get my team to play well. So I'm directing traffic. One person snags a grounder in center-right field and decides to throw the ball to first instead to the cut-off at second. Near disaster!

Anway, we get to the final out of the game, we're up 3 runs to 2. They have runners on 2nd and 3rd and there are 2 outs. We have to get a stop here. We need the final out. I'm playing second base and the ball is ripped my way. I mean, I know that it's hit hard and everything, but dreams slow down and allow you to sort of have a mental soliloquy, you know? So I'm there thinking, "You've never been good I'd diving on the ball field. Remember when you broke your left hand? Oh, yeah. That was bad, wasn't it. But, you know, this time, I'm feeling like really good. The ball's hit to my left, my mitt side. I'm really going to be able to dive to get this ball. I'll stop those terrorists!" So then I go to make a mad dive at the ball, saving myriad people from a terrorist attack, and then
BAM
My dive stops at about a 75ยบ angle because my left hand smacks something:
The daybed's metal frame.


This story relays some very important information:

  1. I have been watching too much NCIS.
  2. I am EXTREMELY excited for baseball season. (Opening Day: April 6!)
  3. I am prone to playing baseball in my sleep. Julie Rae already witnessed this phenomenon when we were kids as she watched me pitch, hit, run the bases and score a run one morning at like 2am.

4 comments:

Marie said...

Maybe you should consider getting a softer bed frame?

Mena said...

Hahahaha! At least pad your bedframe. Lol, what a cool dream! :)

Good luck, Ms. President! (or Mrs. whatever.)

Vanessa Swenson said...

It surprisingly didn't hurt when I whacked my hand.

And, Mena, when I'm president of whatever, you can be my liaison to West Virginia/Iran.

Nat said...

Night talking and moving around in your sleep? No wonder we're friends.