Thursday, March 12, 2009

My paradigm of self is teetering on the edge of destruction

Who on earth am I?

I've been struggling with my idea of who I am. I mean, I can't seem to get enough of Mahi Mahi. I ate sushi 3 out of 4 days a few weeks ago. And why not the fourth? Because it was Sunday and I didn't have any sushi in the fridge.
When it's a mere 46º outside, I'm like, "Great! It's so warm I don't need a coat or sweater at all!" 46º?!?!? Today it was in the mid 30s and I was fine with my long-sleeved T-shirt walking to and from my car to my class.
And, something that blows Wendy's paradigm of me, I love doing yoga, however poorly I do it.
And guess how many times I woke up last night in the middle of the night. My normal 35? No. Zero. Wha-huh? I slept thru the whole night. When I woke up this morning, I figured that my mom must've dropped something into my food, a very high-powered something. The tranquilizers that a doctor gave me once didn't even work. Well, whatever it was, I hope I get some more of it tonight.
And we won't even get into my wearing of slacks, dressier shirts, makeup at times, or the fact that I usually don't have my hair in a pony tail unless I'm at home, **excepting today**.

What kind of hot-blooded, insomniac tom-boy of an ichthyophobe am I?

**Now lest you think that I am no longer me, when I see fish in their natural state, I still get a shiver down my spine and have to brace myself sometimes. I still prefer 95º weather. I fully don't expect to sleep thru the night tonight. Don't wanna get my hopes up. And today I'm wearing layered T-shirts and jeans for a change and brought a ball cap in case I want to don it later on.

But, yes, my paradigm of self is on the brink of a minor explosion, I believe.

7 comments:

emily said...

holy crap what is going on? this is not even like turning over a new leaf, it's like the whole tree has been uprooted. in a good way, though.

i'm so proud. a little sad that you might be losing your nocturnality, though.

Marie said...

I think the world might be ending.

Erika said...

This worries me. Does it mean that I also might unintentionally grow up too? NEVER!

rantipoler said...

I'm definitely okay with the fish and the sleeping, but going out in 40 degree weather and not freezing? That's where I draw the line. When I move back to CA, you're coming with me!

tiffany garfield said...

haha. Yeah, I love yoga too and I AM REALLY BAD AT IT! Love that you're turning a new leaf. Great inspiration, I should do the same, but I really just hate taking the time to actually DO my hair. Anyway, keep up the good work! :) Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY today!!! Hope you party like a rockstar! Love you! :)

Larissa said...

You make me laugh:-)

Lydia and Josh said...

it was good to see the 'new' you at maria's reception. p.s. last night i had a dream about going to see harry potter 6 with you so now i KNOW its meant to be...but then in my dream i was pregnant and went into labor during the movie, so i don't know what that part means.