Monday, December 1, 2008

Well, she tagged me

Since I can't come up with anything über substantial to blog about, I'll finally post (sorta) what Anna-Lisa tagged me to do:

7 Things I Can Do:
1. Speak Portuguese
2. Play softball
3. Drive a stick
4. Find random things on the internet
5. Make spectrograms of sounds
6. Eat fish (a big step)
7. Make a mean feijoada

7 Things I Cannot Do:
1. Tread water worth beans
2. Control my pocketbook in bookstores
3. Run fast (Swenson slows)
4. Eat a chocolate and peanut butter together and not gag (Chris, remember my crazy reaction?)
5. Handle watching Seinfeld
6. Control my laughter
7. Do pull-ups

7 Favorite Foods:
1. Beans and Rice
2. Swenson family pizza
3. Pie
4. Christmas breakfast at the Swenson home
5. Broccoli (it's how I decide what to get at restaurants)
6. Flavored drinks
7. Salgadinhos

7 (of the) Books I'm currently reading (yes, this is a problem I have)
1. Les Mis
2. Harry Potter et le Prince de Sang-Mêlé
3. The Bourne Identity
4. 1776
5. Lectures on Faith
6. Reagan Diaries
7. Meet your Match

7 Most listened to songs on iTunes
1. Hypnotic, Craig David
2. Time, Sarah McLachlan
3. Samedi soir sur la terre, Francis Cabrel
4. Use Your Words, Owen
5. Femme Fatale, Owen
6. The Sad Waltzes of Pietro Crespi, Owen
7. If You Ain't Got Love, Mason Jennings

7 of my favorite words:
1. Irokesenschnitt (mohawk in German)
2. paralelepípedo (cobblestones in Portuguese)
3. ustedes hermanas (I totally misunderstood the Spanish at the Santiago temple and shouted out a wrong answer. Scared the poor sister)
4. d'ac (French for "agreed)
5. Яд ([Yad] it's "Venom" in Russian and is what Megan, former Sister Neeley, calls me)
6. sipo (Chilean for yes, uh huh, right)
7. rã (frog in Portuguese, pronounce like huh? but nasally)

7 of my favorite quotes from the West Wing:
1. I'm Marion Coatsworth Hay. (CJ)
2. I thought my reflexes before, in the press room, were catlike. (CJ)
3. I don't understand. Did you trip over something? (Toby)
4. You want to tempt the wrath of whatever from high atop the thing? (Toby)
5. Abbey: Hon, this is like, nerd hot talk.
Bartlet: Who's your Commander in Chief?
Abbey: You are.
6. Margaret: Can I - can I just say something for the future?
Leo: Yeah.
Margaret: I can sign the President's name. I have his signature down pretty good.
Leo: You can sign the President's name?
Margaret: Yeah.
Leo: On a document removing him from power and handing it to someone else?
Margaret: Yeah. Or... do you think the White House Counsel would say that was a bad idea?
Leo: I think the White House Counsel would say it was a coup d'etat!
Margaret: Well. I'd probably end up doing some time for that.
7. CJ: "What are you, 4'10"?"
Annabeth: "4'11"."
CJ: "I can't believe we're the same species."


There. I sorta doctored what Anna-Lisa did, but it's close enough, at least in the spirit of it all.

4 comments:

Jeremy & Andrea said...

i think that's the coolest list of words ever. really though on a daily basis how often do you use each of those words?

Vanessa Swenson said...

well, some of them I use often, because I like them. Irokesenschnitt I said just this Saturday. My students generally request the Portuguese words. I say sipo and d'ac whenever possible. Megan calls me Yad when I talk to her. And my friends who know the "ustedes hermanas" story like to bring it up whenever possible.

rantipoler said...

My faves are #3 & #6 under cool words. Sorry about the tagging. I actually didn't know what that meant! I know, you're not surprised, right?

emily said...

teeheehee. SWENSON!

um and i love paralelepípedo. paralelepípedo, paralelepípedo. oh, i was just walking down the street this morning, you know it's paved with those paralelepípedos...

Margaret: Want to hear a joke?
Leo: Uh... Okay.
Margaret: You know why they only eat one egg for breakfast in France?
Leo: Why?
Margaret: 'Cause in France, one egg is 'un oeuf'.