Sunday, December 28, 2008

A scary teammate, a poll and BOOKS!!!

Would you want this guy on your team?

So far I'm the only one who's voted for wassail. Unsurprisingly hot chocolate is leading the way. Eggnog's gotten a vote, too. I call on all wassail lovers to unite by voting in mine olde polle.

And, Merry post-Christmas! I made off with a happy haul: bookity book book bookey book.
I made off like a bandit, if you ask me.
Then, Barnes and Noble was having a sick sale online. So, I got this, this, this and this. With shipping and everything, the total was only $26.52. I meant to get this one, too, but that's what I get for ordering at 5am. It was only 3.99 or something when I was ordering (wistful sigh).

Have you read this? It's great fun. You should all check it out of the library or something.
Oh, and this book, too. You can get it at Deseret Book, I think. Probably at Seagull, too.

6 comments:

rantipoler said...

So, I think I like wassail, but since it's so difficult to come by I'm not even sure I've had the real thing. So I went for eggnog, even though I can only really handle one part eggnog one part skim milk. Also, about the books - you and my dad are book twins now. Seriously. The same books. It's scary.

Jeremy & Andrea said...

i love all holiday drinks. although hot cocoa is an any time of the year drink by my book. By the By Stephens makes a fantastic Wassail drink mix but have labeled it something like citrus something or other. It's fantastic. and as for the books i have the hardest time buying books for me (kids books is a totally different story) but i tend to read a book once and then return it to the library. i have started reading the bourne series thanks to an earlier post from you. dang so much better than the movie and the movies totally rocked. thanks for a new obsession.

Marie said...

I frequently think I am playing on Satan's team. A little too often.

Vanessa Swenson said...

Marie: you are in the Liberal Arts.

Marie said...

English no less. We've had teachers fired!

Claire said...

I love WASSAIL.

WASSAIL WASSAIL WASSAIL

that is all i have to say