Sunday, May 11, 2008

license plate

the people that owned my car last left the rusted old screws in the license plate, making it impossible to switch out the plate. in fact Andy had to dremel off the tops of the screws just to remove the old license plate. since half of the screws are still stuck in place, my license plate has been hanging out in my rear view mirror.
the officer who pulled my over tonight reminded me that this wasn't an optimum solution. he tried his best to get the screws out, but to no avail. he offered me some ideas on what i could do to fix the situation, reminding me that i should probably deal with it ASAP. then he wished me a good night and told me to get home safe.

i'm thinking i should get this done before going to wyoming this friday.

5 comments:

M said...

At least he went pretty easy on you! I'm sad that you have rusty crises...

Myra Bybee said...

That is nice that the officer was so nice about it. Have fun in Wyoming!

rantipoler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rantipoler said...

I suspect that if your license plate were from CA he might not have been so understanding. I have had some unfortunate experiences with the police in UT. :( Sorry about the rusted screws.

Larissa said...

AH Venomator - I just think you are great! I miss playing softball with you this spring. *Sigh* I haven't played at all! I'm glad you haven't graduated up from ghetto car status yet - neither have I!