Monday, February 11, 2008

A great video of President Hinckley

I've already mentioned this, but now I have the video to show you all. I dropped in some clips from Elder Nelson's talk to that it makes a bit more sense. Have fun watching it. I really miss President Hinckley and his humor, but I love that we have so many videos and recordings of him. Oh, speaking of recordings, you should all go to this web page, it's the BYU-Idaho devotional page. Click to the 2002 listing and find the 22 October, 2002. Gordon B. Hinckley Building Dedication. It's a wonderful talk. Near the end President Hinckley puts aside what he'd prepared and just talks to the youth. It sounds at first like he's chuckling, but he's actually crying when he says, "I love you kids." It's an awesome talk.
Here's the video from October 1997 conference, Saturday morning session:

3 comments:

Myra Bybee said...

I just love him!

Lizzy said...

You don't know me. But I have a cool story. Today in my friends car we were driving to the temple and he told me look at the dvd that was in his player. I did and it was the clip of the talk President Hinckley gave in 2002. The part to the youth. (I'm 16 by the way) The spirit was so strong in the car and what President Hinckley brought me so much hope and peace. I had no idea where I would be able to find the text to the talk. I googled "I love you talk President Hinckley" You're blog came up and took me right to it. Maybe it doesn't seem very cool to you, but to me it was a testament that God loves me. I just wanted to say thanks for posting that link! whoever you are.

Meg said...

I found this recording from a blog search and was wondering if you could send me to my email the embeded post for this. I want to do a tribute to president hinckley and would like to add this to my blog. THANK YOU!