Friday, January 4, 2013

New Scriptures

A while back, when I was talking to Scottie about how it was still hard to read the scriptures, he asked if I was still using the same set that I had on my mission. Yes, I was using the same set that I'd used from seminary on up. No wonder I couldn't read from them. Companionship study wasn't a safe thing at all when I was with my trainer.

I obviously needed new scriptures, but I didn't know when I'd be ready. Over Christmas I was. All I really wanted was my first and middle name on the covers. Then for Christmas I got a new hymnal. My mom gave them all to me, making it all the more special.


I was feeling in a good place tonight and the first verse that I read in them was D&C 93:1.


Plus I got a new scripture bag that, as Rebeca pointed out is "girly, but not too girly."

The pic is sideways and I don't care.
Also, the bag is not "pink and frilly" as Rebeca AND Anna-Lisa asked me. Very funny.


2 comments:

M said...

I love it all! What a beautiful set of scriptures.

And your name choice is great. It messes my SS kids up to no end when they see my maiden name on mine....they get really confused because my dad and Ben's parents are still in the ward. So then they ask who it is that I'm related to, and for some reason they can't put together the related-by-marriage thing and it's just a mess.

Anyway. I like it!

Vanessa Swenson said...

Thanks. I love my middle name. It's my Grandma Swenson's middle name and I'm the only granddaughter with it. It's really special to me.