Thursday, October 20, 2011

Latin

 I was double checking something tonight on Google Translate, which is a fun website, btw, and I got the following translation. I underlined the supposed corresponding words:




Seriously, Elísabeth meant cousin in Latin? And how would Google know it was a girl that I was meaning?
Dubious, dubious.
Good thing I didn't really need to tell a cousin happy birthday in Latin, because I probably would've gotten laughed at. Probably for two reasons now, come to think of it.
That is all.

6 comments:

Marie said...

I love Google translate!

Vanessa Swenson said...

Me, too. Also, I looked up mohawk in Danish, in case you were wondering. "Hanekam"

Marie said...

Ahh, rooster comb, very fitting. What were you looking up mohawk for? I guess I shouldn't ask that, really. I know better.

Vanessa Swenson said...

Really? Excellent. Rooster comb.

Also, I'm not thinking of getting a mohawk, fears allayed. I linked to a sentence in German saying that I didn't have a mohawk. Irokesenschnitt is one of my all-time fave words.

rantipoler said...

So, when my little brother was running for class president, we used a book of Latin insults to create campaign slogans for his posters (my idea). Nobody knew what they meant, but they seemed super smart, and we found them to be hilarious. And he won. It was a high point in my life, I must say.

Vanessa Swenson said...

hahahahahah!!!! That's awesome. latine aeternum vive