Thursday, October 6, 2011

Coping Mechanisms

Lately my heart's been hurting a whole lot. I don't admit things like this often, but after Chris' mom passed away, my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer two weekends ago, and then Brian's brother being killed in a small plane crash on Tues night in West Jordan, I'm just done seeing the people I care so much about hurt so much. Like, I'm really done. No one can hurt anymore.

This next part is going to sound so weird to most of the world. I couldn't sleep last night, like at all. I'd spent about 18 hours trying to figure out how to calm my soul down a bit. I went to what I learned from my father: I put something on to watch that I love (Passing Strange) and I got out the ironing board and ironed tons of clothes. It wasn't Blazing Saddles, like my dad woulda watched, but it was a musical, so it's close enough.

Who knows why I'm posting this. But there it is.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

I am sorry to hear that you are hurting so much. And your Dad sounds like my kinda guy.

Sahara said...

Ironing is a good idea.

Marie said...

Miserable. You were probably posting this because you got no sleep.
If it helps, you can iron some of my clothes? :) I'll ship them. :)

Going bananas said...

I still smile when I think that you ironed the shirt I wore on my second date with Terry. I love that you like to iron!

I hope you have better days ahead. Love ya!

M said...

I'm amused at your love of ironing....reminds me of Todd Mack cracking up when he saw me barefoot and pregnant sitting cross-legged on my office desk mending AL's pants.

I miss you, I love you, I'm saying prayers for you....come visit over fall break if you need to, I'll cook for you and everything! ;-)

Larissa said...

I love you!

Jenn said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your hurting heart! I wish I could come over and we could share some puns, and laugh a bit, and then maybe cry a bit. Ironing always helps! Sending prayers up for you. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help! Love ya!

rantipoler said...

I love you and I love that ironing makes you feel better. If we were in Brasil I'd let you hand wash my clothes, too. I'd take one for the team.

Vanessa Swenson said...

However wonderful ironing may be, it is nothing compared to having good friends.