Monday, July 19, 2010

Thesis writing analysis

I decided to analyze my thesis chapters like I did my blog in my last post.

I wrote the Introduction like Edgar Allan Poe.
The Lit Review got David Foster Wallace.
Methodology got H. P. Lovecraft, and I think the title of his Best of is extremely apropos.
The Results also got David Foster Wallace.
The Conclusion also2 got David Foster Wallace.

And the preliminary bits?
Abstract: H. P. Lovecraft.
Acknowledgments: Ian Fleming. I'm trying to decide if it's more James Bond-esque, or his Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I love this!! So far, I have selections like Chuck Palahniuk, James Joyce, and H.P. Lovecraft. Maybe we have a similar style. What a hoot!

Vanessa Swenson said...

Chuck Palahniuk? That's a new one for me.
But HP Lovecraft is stalking my writing, too.

nateandrebecca said...

How many blog posts did you enter in? Every post I put in comes up with a different person: Chuck Palahniuk, David Foster Wallace, Cory Doctorow, James Fenimore Cooper, Stephen King, Margaret Atwood, and Jack London. I must be very inconsistent.

Vanessa Swenson said...

I did I think 5 or so blog posts, I tried to go for longer ones. I should try some different ones, different themes and stuff, see what happens.