Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Brain Ants

When I was like five or six I wanted to know how my brain worked, like how different scenes and memories would go through my mind. I couldn’t figure out the mechanism of it all. So I concocted this theory that involved something akin to ants. Brain ants.

A couple of them would scurry across my brain, holding up a a screen, kinda like a movie screen. These ants were quadrupedal instead of hexapedal, like normal ants. Reason being that they had to hold up the screen with their front two legs--well, arms.This obviously happened tons during even just one minute. I have a lot of brain ants.






But looking back, I think I had meta brain ants. When I came up with this idea, I pictured the ants working, doing their thing. Woah.

3 comments:

rantipoler said...

This is an awesome idea. Also, did you draw that picture? Because it is also awesome.

M said...

Ditto to AL's assessment of the sketch. I really like it.

I've always thought my brain was like a bouncy-ball that moved between tangentially-related things until I lost where it had come from...

Vanessa Swenson said...

I did draw it. I figured that since I have meta brain ants, I have the clearest view of what goes on in my head.

Em, I think this is what you mean by your brain.