Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A small-ish rant

because I can use my blog to complain about idiots on facebook.

It's stunning to see how many of my Mormon friends are madly in love with Ron Paul. If the U.S. had followed his cockamamie ideas of foreign policy, the Church would not have had access to make the inroads around the world in such a fast manner. We would not have the connections that we've had over the last 70 years.

A presence in Southeast Asia? not a chance
How about South Korea (and its temple)? not on your life
Official recognition in Romania (the only place in Eastern Europe)? not even. That was Sen. Reid's connection.
The list continues and continues.
Hundreds of thousands, if not millions of current members wouldn't have ever heard of the Church.


But hey, if you're in the mood for a return to a strongly patriarchal society that favors only upper middle class white males and sends us into civil non-rights with the repeal of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (which Paul would repeal), vote for Ron Paul, he's a sexist, racist peach of a man hiding his beliefs under a banner of "liberty."

He's a prick.

5 comments:

rantipoler said...

I'm writing myself in on the ballot next time.

Vanessa Swenson said...

I'mma write you in, too. But I'll probably see if I can get you to be the representative for my district. Our current one's a nitwit.

M said...

I think that with this right here
" if you're in the mood for a return to a strongly patriarchal society that favors only upper middle class white males"
you've nailed why he appeals to many Church members.

While I don't believe that the doctrines of the Church teach those things, I believe (based on my Church experience) that this mindset is very prevalent. For example, my Bishop asking me "Now, when are you planning to quit that job?" Yeah.

Vanessa Swenson said...

My response to that would've been this.

M said...

hee hee! That's just funny.