Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Resolving Concerns

On the mission, the concern that I think I resolved the poorest was the "Why do bad things happen to good people?" one.
I mean, I know the intellectual reasons and can explain things and stuff. But really, it doesn't get rid of the sinking feeling and the sorrow. And I hate seeing people near me suffer.
Maybe that's just it, though, there is nothing except the fact that pain happens. We feel it deeply, feel it with those around use, learn, grow, suffer together and continue on.

I still hate it, though.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I still do a cruddy job answering that one. Sometimes, I don't feel it right to even try. It's like trying to figure out the balance between tapping into God's wisdom and just letting Him know it all. It's a hard one to work out in my mind.

Vanessa Swenson said...

Agreed. sigh...it's so hard when those around you hurt and you can't answer anything or stop the pain--or even assuage it!
hmmph.
I have no answers, I fear.

Mena said...

"Trials and tribulations are often for the sanctification of the righteous."-my Patriarchal Blessing

So that's how I answer that.

Vanessa Swenson said...

That is a good answer.