Tuesday, January 12, 2010

holy religious vinyl lettering. what the what?

So I'm driving home and I pass this big, black SUV that has some vinyl lettering stuck to its back window on the driver's side. It took me a while to figure it out. See how long it takes you:

JESUS DIDN'T TAP


Now, I am no dancer, but the first thought that came to my mind was, "What, clogging, then?"


Maybe you're faster than me, but it finally hit me that they were going for this.

The best part? The T from TAP was a simple black cross.

7 comments:

Ben said...

"What the what?" is right. Recently I've been starting to think that there is something very important to the whole notion of avoiding too frequent repetition of His name.

Just sort of a related thought. I don't know, vinyl lettering seems to be a very low form of worship or spreading the word, but maybe it's just me.

Marie said...

I never would have gotten it. They are hard core anti-quitters. While it is true what it says, I still feel bad for their children.

M said...

Some people are just plain weird. I agree with Ben on the tackiness of vinyl lettering for preaching/teaching.

nateandrebecca said...

I never would have gotten that. All I could think of was tap-dancing...what an odd thing for anyone to put on their vehicle.

rantipoler said...

Nope. I would not have gotten that. Especially since there's another meaning to the word 'tap' that I would NEVER associate with Jesus. Sorry, but that's the first thing I though of. Also, I find "religious" displays of that kind to be superficial and just a little self-aggrandizing.

Beth schell said...

I thought that meant that Jesus wouldn't tap my car from behind. Vinyl lettering- I actually don't like it at all, even for preaching. When I was visiting Utah recently it seems to be everywhere, or maybe it's just super popular in Spanish Fork.

Vanessa Swenson said...

hah! I didn't think of that possible definition. Vinyl lettering is getting more popular in Utah County. I just think it's so bizarre.