Wednesday, November 18, 2009

License Plate Word Game

I like to find words in license plates. The stupid new Utah ones mix numbers and words, so this has become impossible. But the old ones that have 3 consecutive letters are great. To find words, sometimes I have to resort to other languages, and, at times, antiquated spellings. Sitting at stop lights can be boring.
Anyway, the one I saw today made my nerdy self laugh right out loud. Nu in Portuguese means naked, or naked guy. Nus is just the plural form.
So this explains why I this license plate was especially precious. Click on it please:

Props to anyone who can guess where I was when I took this picture.
**I would again like to reiterate that I was at a stop light.**

8 comments:

Frau Magister said...

Lets see, big truck, SF Builders Supply . . . I'm going to guess Center and Main in Spanish Fork.

Vanessa Swenson said...

well played.

sallysue said...

Too slow I am.
It's good to know the downtown is just as busy as ever.

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

i do this too! my recent favorites have been PAP and VAJ...those poor people. i see lots of PEN and UPS too. but NUS is the best.

Vanessa Swenson said...

oooh, UPS is a nice one. PAP and VAJ, however...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who plays this game :D

Vanessa Swenson said...

oh, Heidi, I was thinking that you would totally be someone who could identify the spot, just like your s-in-l Frau.

nateandrebecca said...

Ha. That is great. I look for words on license plates too. I am glad to know I am not alone in that.

rantipoler said...

You were here: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=14330816587217711905&q=%22ken%27s%2Bauto%2Bbody%22%2But