Tuesday, November 24, 2009

8

Mom and I tonight were watching Strictly Ballroom for FHE, when I turned to her and asked if today was the 23rd. It's been 8 years since I got back from the mission. Huh. Que velha sou.
The change in temperature that I went thru in a 24 hour period was 85º in Londrina, 0º in Chicago when we arrived at 5am and 20º in SLC when we finally landed. I'd forgotten my sweater in my suitcase. hmmph.

This is from my last proselyting day in the mission:

Me (bottom left) at the bus station with a bunch of the sisters.

Our grupo de saída with the mission president and wife. I bawled like a baby during the meeting.

And this is me in the middle of what only seems to be nowhere in my third area:

hmmmmm
I love Brasil.

12 comments:

Marie said...

That was unexpected!

Vanessa Swenson said...

Can I bend your ear for a tick?

Claire said...

you look so good with a tan! get thee to a tannery, well, not a tannery, but a tanning bed or somewhere sunnier than Utah.

Vanessa Swenson said...

bwahahahah. will do.

rantipoler said...

I'm old, too. And I also love Brasil. And Strictly Ballroom.

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

i love brazil too. and i love you!

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

also, don't get a tan. you might die of skin cancer, and that would be awful because the world needs you. and i hear white skin is totally coming back (that's what i'm hoping, anyway).

Vanessa Swenson said...

don't worry, when I'm tan, it tends to only be that half of my body that's exposed to my sunroof, so I'll be at least 50% here for a long while.

Aimee said...

Oh man, I remember how cold we were - I left my sweater in my suitcase too! And I remember it feeling like forever in the airport in Sao Paulo. And I can't believe how tan we are either...ah the good old days...

I also remember you making me read "Believing Christ" on the way home...good idea, by the way...

Te amo, mulher.

Vanessa Swenson said...

We were so cold that I don't think we quite comprehended it.
I also remember you comforting me as I broke down on the way up the stairs to the airplane in Londrina: "Você vai estar bem, Sistinha. Vai sobreviver." I think the only reason I sobrevivered was because you kept promising me that I would.
te amo de volta

Laurel said...

8 years? Oh my cronk!

Vanessa Swenson said...

yep. 8 years. 8 years since you got your driver's license and 8 years since you guys picked me up at the airport root beer in tow.