Saturday, July 5, 2008

Wherein a baby makes me do something goofy and I become a big baby

Last weekend Mom and I were in Colorado for Brock's farewell, etc. We drove back on Sunday and the next day the Colorado entourage followed. The night before Brock--Elder Krainik!--entered the MTC we hit up some of the places that the cousins like to go to when in Utah. So after we'd eaten we went to the Creamery. We went outside to eat the ice cream. I mostly occupied myself with Grace who has a cute smile and the prettiest big blue eyes you've ever seen. Twink and Brock had gotten a banana split that had peanut butter cup ice cream: BLECH. Aunt Annette and I were discussing how we weren't fond of peanut butter and chocolate together and I started to tell this to Grace. You know how people get around babies? You know, the goofy baby talking and stuff? Well I just continued my conversation that I was having with Annette but focused on Grace saying "Nasty" in this high-pitched, baby "goo goo gah gah" voice. I realized what I was doing, fully hoping that no one was paying me any mind until Twink and Brock were like, "What are you doing?" That's when we lost it and laughed for like ever. Then they told Brittany, then Annette, then everyone else. I felt like such a dork.

Yesterday was Independence Day and I spent it totally low key until I just didn't wanna be home anymore and went out at 10pm at night. It was the night of the Stadium of Fire. Seriously, what was I thinking going out? Anywho, I was completely missing Brock so I ended up driving by the MTC. There all of the missionaries were, by the flags, watching the fireworks. And then it happened: a big lump jumped into my throat. What the heck? I'm tougher than this. I just thought of all of those missionaries and that Brock was one of them...
As Brock would say, "Crap dang!"

3 comments:

rantipoler said...

I can't even sing "Called to Serve" without getting all choked up and I've been home for six years. How sad is that?

Myra Bybee said...

I love that you asked the 100 hour board the difference between a nerd, dork and geek!

Laurel said...

do you want to stalk the temple with me in search of brock?