Monday, July 7, 2008

Scissors shouldn't be near me when my hands have nothing better to do

Now that's a total truism.
Although when I cut my bangs a couple of weeks ago, it did turn out successful enough that I don't look like a freak. But tonight's adventure while watching a documentary is probably less successful than the bangs affairs.

Oh, and documentaries, I can't say no to them; I just get sucked in. It doesn't matter if they last for like 2 1/2 hours, I can't get up from the couch. Argh, and there are no commercials on PBS for me when I need to switch out my laundry.
I am going to become a member of Netflix just so that I can foment my documentary addiction. I've already looked into it.
But lately I've had a scripture running thru my head during my insatiable search for knowledge: 2 Tim 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Maybe I should put into practice more of what I come across during my learning binges. Perhaps then this scripture will get out of my mind.

**Oh, and sometime soon I'm going to post about verse 6 and the silly women.

4 comments:

nateandrebecca said...

Hummm. I definitely like good documentaries too. I especially fall for ones on animals or nature...National Geographic ones are usually really good. But I don't watch them much. Probably due to a lack of time. Oh, and maybe a lack of a TV. :)

sallysue said...

I saw ads for the Eleanor Roosevelt doc. Thankfully I wasn't home when it aired, or I too would have been sucked in!
Could be worse, though. At least it's not Lifetime movies, right??

Laurel said...

did you know that with netflix you can also watch things instantly on your computer? i have watched nearly all seasons of law and order svu and about 10 WWII documentaries. the only thing i will miss is netflix. but good think i can join that in utah.

M said...

I have the same problem. I watched one on the punishment for Lincoln's assassination plotters just because it was there. Did you know that they held a parasol over the woman (the first woman sentenced to be hanged in the US) until just before she died to keep her from getting sunstroke? Talk about screwed up Victorian treatment of women...