Sunday, May 15, 2011

Remembering a realization

Tonight while we were at my grandma's watching TED.com videos, I was reminded of a realization that I had one day near the end of 7.5 month stint in my first mission area.

I was walking up a hill that I had walked up I can't tell you how many times previously when something crossed my mind. I thought back on this man that we'd taught months earlier, Rivaildo, who'd ditched us on discussion #5 and how much we'd hurt because of it. And then I thought of the girls that had just crossed to the other side of the street when they saw me coming. (I was quite the known quantity after 7 months.)
I realized that we'd get totally bummed after losing someone that we'd been teaching for a while, but we'd chuckle over the ones who'd cross the street (what else you gonna do?). Heavenly Father, however, would be sad over the ones who'd crossed the street because they'd lost out on an opportunity.
I also realized in that moment that since obviously not everyone was going to get baptized, it was my job to make sure that every time I talked with someone, they would feel hope for their future and heavenly love.

Anyway, that just popped into my mind tonight, so I thought I'd share the story.

1 comment:

rantipoler said...

This is a great story. Thanks for sharing. :)