Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Birthday Card

Part 1:
I have a tendency to leave errrrr... goofy pictures of Tom Jones and The Hoff in a coworker's office and office drawers, just for funsies, you know. I even had her convinced that the Germans celebrated something called Hoffmas, which occurs during the fortnight 90 to 75 days before Easter.

Part 2:
Sting just released a great album called Symphonicities. I told my boss about the album, and I also happened to mention that I thought Sting was rather sexy.

Part 3:
I get to work today and, after a while, I open up my drawer and see this, which had me belly laughing, in tears for about 3 minutes before I regained my composure:

Sting as Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen in Dune
If you don't know what this picture comes from, you are very lucky. Dune is a terrible, terrible movie. Here are some clips to show you just how wonderful it is.

Part 4:
The best part of Dune? Captain Picard with a bald mullet.

6 comments:

Marie said...

Well, I don't think I can every listen to a Sting album again and I really, really liked his early ones. Thanks. :)
I don't recall that from the movie and I thought every horrifying second was burned into my brain.

Vanessa Swenson said...

Poor Sting, Dune taints all of his later work. That picture is sorta like the website cannotunsee.

I've never seen the movie all the way thru, but it was on TV late one night a few weeks back and my brother had never seen it. We went all Mystery Science Theater up in its face. It's the only way to watch it. It was hysterical.

Marie said...

Yes, definitely cannotunsee.

Oh, and I loved Knight Rider as a kid.

Unknown said...

I can't think of a more disturbing/hilarious birthday gift. That is amazing!!!

Jonathan Northrup said...

Having seen the movie, I, too, busted up laughing the instant I saw that picture, even before I'd read anything. What an awesome birthday card.

Ben said...

I love Sting and Dune, the book and the movie. I think this same picture was my facebook profile pic for a day or so...back when I had FB...