Monday, August 23, 2010

Two unexpected sights today

Today I drove out of our subdivision and saw two guys that looked to be around my age, perhaps a bit younger. They were on a patch of lawn maybe 14' x 14'. One of them had a golf club resting just short of a golf ball and the other stood stoically 8 feet away awaiting the smack.
What on earth?
Perhaps the dumbest thing about this was their truck was only 4 feet behind the guy waiting to be smacked.

Other unexpected sighting was the hair of the new associate dean of our college at UVU. It was salt and pepper on the sides with a nice faux hawk on top. I don't think I've ever seen that particular mixture before.

That's it, just thought I'd share.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Ok, your links are hilarious! Thanks for taking the time to do that, because it just made me oh so happy!

nateandrebecca said...

I agree. Your links are the best. I would have liked to see how the golfing thing turned out...

M said...

Seriously, did you hang around to see if they smashed the truck windows?? And maybe it wasn't their truck....

Vanessa Swenson said...

I'm glad you guys like the links.

So as I was turning the corner on the block the guy swung the club. He has terrible aim; he didn't even hit the truck.

The truck was still in the driveway when I just drove by tonight. It might not be theirs. It looked so much like a Spanish Fork twenty-something's truck, that I just assumed.