Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween

I wore my costume today at work, instead of tomorrow, the real Halloween. You've gotta wear your costume to school, right?
Anyway, here are pictures, some are prep pictures, some are the final dealio. See if you can figure out what I am. Answer at the end.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

Did you figure it out? I'm a stereotypical south Utah County chica. As you can see from picture #8, I am wearing a bumpit. What a terrible, terrible idea. But, in the end, it made my costume easier. Picture #3 shows off the blue and green eye shadow that I bought specifically for the day, as well. Oh, and the shirt and denim vest are DI specials.

About 10 minutes into class today, one of my students sorta stopped what he was doing and said, "I'm sorry, it's just so hard to take you seriously when you look like that." Another friend of mine couldn't look at me without laughing.

My sister was sure that I'd get a date out of it.

I think my favorite part of the whole thing was the fact that a lot of people couldn't tell whether or not I was really serious about what I was wearing. I think that's really saying something for Utah County, don't you?

9 comments:

sallysue said...

It's fabulous. I'm so glad you wore Halloweeny stuffs. I was afraid I was the only one. No one at school did. Nor work. :( BUT, I never miss a chance to wear my orange skirt.
Maybe I should get a bumpit. What do you think?

Vanessa Swenson said...

I think bumpits could be that one accessory that you're missing. I have a good feeling about them in your hair.

Jenny said...

AH! I knew what you were at picture #3. Amazing. Truly amazing...and truly sad if people were confused not knowing if it was a costume or not. Oh Utah County...please come around.

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

wow...i think i need more pink blush in my life.

M said...

I believe that the only appropriate response to this is "oh my heck". ;-) I love it.

Sahara said...

Oh this is the best ever!!

Sahara said...

Oh this is the best ever!!

Lili said...

I was going to guess that you were my bus driver from grade school, so I guess I got it right!
;)

nateandrebecca said...

That is great...LOL.