Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cinco de Mayo--quebrado

So I had this long-standing tradition for Cinco de Mayo, mostly before my 20s: Every few years, I would break things. By break things, I mean my left hand (1989), my right hand (1994), my boss's car (1997 [accident not my fault]). My mom was understandably freaked out about my one and only Cinco de Mayo in Brazil in the mission field in 2001. Luckily it passed without incident.
Although, I think sometimes that my body was trying to channel a piƱata on these Cincos de Mayo.

Since this year was yet another with no grand breakings, let's celebrate with some music:

1 comment:

rantipoler said...

Glad you're not broken. I love that song b/c it's the only Mariachi tune I actually know the words to. Also, it reminds me of going to a Mexican restaurant w/ the Wisemans and being serenaded. I couldn't help but laugh when both kids started bawling right at "canta, no llores." Hilarious!