Monday, September 8, 2008

meet the new addition

Laurel and Cindy drove to Sacramento today to get a puppy who'd been abandoned at Meier's vet. Lest you think this excessive, Clark flew to Houston to get Meier.
Millie is a chihuahua/dachshund mix. Her ears are wack; they're dachshund length with chihuha perkiness:

So we've been referring to this breed as Ratachshund, Dachsuahua and Chihuachshund.
She's long and skinny with spindly legs:

She sorta rolls up, too, due to this Chihuachshund mix:

I wish I had a better picture to prove this, but I'm sure those will be forthcoming.
She's a live wire though, making circle after circle in my bedroom.
When she's on extra alert, her ears sorta stick up straight.
I love dogs. Simon doesn't, though, and is sorta throwing a nutty.

8 comments:

Marie said...

Those ears are whack. I do think she's cute though, and that is saying a lot for someone who is allergic to them.

Erika said...

Don't show my roommates. I don't know if I can keep convincing them that we already have too many mouths to feed in one apartment.

Laurel said...

and the proud mother is me

Brittany said...

What a new doggie at the Swenson's house? She's so tiny!

Vanessa Swenson said...

Yeah, she's minuscule. Mom measured her today--she's "teacup" everywhere but her length where she's gargantuan, listed as "small."

rantipoler said...

HA! I couldn't really imagine it when we were talking the other day, but WOW, those ears are awesome! I want a puppy!

Anonymous said...

The Chihuachshund is the correct term for a Dachshund/Chihuahua mix, as one of the newer designer dog breeds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chihuachshund

Vanessa Swenson said...

who are you, Anonymous?
thanks for the wikipedia page.