Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's not a song stuck in my head

I don't just get songs stuck in my head, but words. They repeat over and over in my mind just like bits and pieces of songs. I think this might be due to my logolatry.
Today's word which was stuck in my head for something like 4 hours was recidivist. It just kept going over and over in my mind. It was frustrating.

Another word that's been in my head is edumacation. This is a problem because when I answer the phones at work I say, "Distance Education, this is Vanessa." I'm so afraid of saying, "Distance Edumacation, this is Vanessa."

6 comments:

Frau Magister said...

You really should change your name to Sarah. Or Design Droid.

And I spent another hour on guitar hero tonight, so you can expect me to be singing "The Seeker" by the who all day tomorrow. At least the bass part.

Myra Bybee said...

I actually have had that happen too. I will get a word in my head and I will repeat it. I thought I was the only person with this problem.

Marie said...

Recidivist... Been watching Raising Arizona lately?

Vanessa Swenson said...

Never seen Raising Arizona, actually. But recidivism seems to be a catch word for me, n'est-ce pas?

sallysue said...

I dare you. I dare you to say edumacation. I bet no one will notice.

rantipoler said...

If you did answer like that, then the person on the other end of the line might take it as irrefutable proof that the physical distance between the student and the university directly affects one's ability to learn.